- notice taken of someone or something; the regarding of someone or something as interesting or important；the mental faculty of considering or taking notice of someone or something
noun: attention, plural noun: attentions
- 1. notice taken of someone or something; the regarding of someone or something as interesting or important he drew attention to three spelling mistakes 同義詞
- ▪ the mental faculty of considering or taking notice of someone or something he turned his attention to the educational system
- 2. the action of dealing with or taking special care of someone or something her business needed her attention he was found guilty of failing to give a patient adequate medical attention 同義詞
- ▪ things done to express interest in or please someone she felt flattered by his attentions 同義詞
- 3. a position assumed by a soldier, standing very straight with the feet together and the arms straight down the sides of the body Saunders stood stolidly to attention
- ▪ an order to assume a straight standing position.