- 1. 權力 to have (the) authority to do sth. 有權做某事 to exercise one's authority 行使權力
- 2. 威信 a person of authority 有威信的人 to speak with authority 用權威的口吻講話
- 3. 授權 to give sb. authority to do sth., to give authority for sb. to do sth. 批准某人做某事
- 4. 專家; 權威 an authority on sth. 某方面的權威
- 5. 來源 what is your authority for these figures? 你的這些數字出自何處？ I have it on good authority that ... 我有充分根據說…
- 1. 當局 to report sth. to the authorities 向官方報告某事
1. the power or right to give orders, make decisions, and enforce obedience
2. the right to act in a specified way, delegated from one person or organization to another
3. official permission; sanction
4. a person or organization having political or administrative power and control
5. the power to influence others, especially because of one's commanding manner or one's recognized knowledge about something
6. a person with extensive or specialized knowledge about a subject; an expert
7. a book or other source able to supply reliable information or evidence
BINDING AUTHORITY [約束力] This agreement is binding upon the parties...
authorities concerned : 相關當局 example: All the authorities ... have be keeping close eyes on the concerned authorities for many years.
moral authority 道德權威 If Taiwan wants to lose its luster and...