- the power or right to give orders, make decisions, and enforce obedience；the right to act in a specified way, delegated from one person or organization to another
noun: authority, plural noun: authorities
- 1. the power or right to give orders, make decisions, and enforce obedience he had absolute authority over his subordinates a rebellion against those in authority 同義詞
- ▪ the right to act in a specified way, delegated from one person or organization to another military forces have the legal authority to arrest drug traffickers 同義詞
- ▪ official permission; sanction the money was spent without congressional authority 同義詞
- 2. a person or organization having power or control in a particular, typically political or administrative, sphere the health authorities the Chicago Transit Authority 同義詞
- 3. the power to influence others, especially because of one's commanding manner or one's recognized knowledge about something he has the natural authority of one who is used to being obeyed he spoke with authority on the subject 同義詞
- ▪ the confidence resulting from personal expertise he hit the ball with authority
- ▪ a person with extensive or specialized knowledge about a subject; an expert she was an authority on the stock market 同義詞
- ▪ a book or other source able to supply reliable information or evidence, typically to settle a dispute the court cited a series of authorities supporting their decision 同義詞
BINDING AUTHORITY [約束力] This agreement is binding upon the parties...
authorities concerned : 相關當局 example: All the authorities ... have be keeping close eyes on the concerned authorities for many years.
moral authority 道德權威 If Taiwan wants to lose its luster and...