- the series of vertebrae extending from the skull to the pelvis; the spine；the spine of a book.
noun: backbone, plural noun: backbones
- 1. the series of vertebrae extending from the skull to the pelvis; the spine prickles of sweat broke out along her backbone the great Pennine range is the backbone of England 同義詞
- ▪ US the spine of a book.
- ▪ the main chain of a polymeric molecule.
- 2. the chief support of a system or organization these firms are the backbone of our industrial sector 同義詞
- ▪ strength of character he has enough backbone to see us through this difficulty 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. a high-speed, high-capacity digital connection which forms the axis of a local or wide area network.
未來的主人翁=backbone backbone n.脊椎骨;主幹 , 但他還有棟樑的意思 例如: Children will be the backbone of our country in the future. (小孩是國家未來的主人翁)
...一起),所以我想 extended star應該也這樣的概念吧! sues a single backbone cable = bus 意思是說需要一個單一的主幹, backbone在網路領域中指的是負載...
... / did) 4.The sportsman could hardly walk after his backbones were broken. --->Hardly could the sportsman walk after ...