- directed behind or to the rear；reverting to an inferior state; retrograde
- another word for backwards
- 1. directed behind or to the rear:
she left the room without a backward glance
- 2. reverting to an inferior state; retrograde:
the decision was a backward step
- 3. having made less progress than is normal or expected:
a backward agricultural country
- 4. (of a person) having learning difficulties:
a lively child but a bit backward
- 5. lacking the confidence to do (something):
he was not backward in displaying his talents
- 6. (of a fielding position) behind an imaginary line passing through the stumps at the batsman's end at right angles to the wicket:
backward square leg
- 1. another word for backwards
...不知所措。這裡的be taken aback約略類似於be surprised的意思。 backward和backwards兩個字有時被混淆使用，但細分的話前者應是形容詞意思是...
...from dictionary.com 還有一些字典 他們都說兩個字是一樣的 但是沒有人再用backwardly 當你在網路搜尋的時候 他們都只會說那是backwards 的同意子 然後...
backward a.(形容詞 adjective) 向後的,反向的,返回的 落後的,發展遲緩的[(+in)] The teacher was patient with backward children. 那位老師對遲鈍的學童十分耐心。 怕羞的,畏縮的;猶豫的...