- a sudden loud, sharp noise；a sharp blow causing a sudden, loud noise
- strike or put down (something) forcefully and noisily；come into contact with (something) suddenly and sharply, typically by accident
- used to convey the sound of a sudden loud noise；used to convey the suddenness of an action
verb: bang, 3rd person present: bangs, gerund or present participle: banging, past tense: banged, past participle: banged
noun: bang, plural noun: bangs
- 1. a sudden loud, sharp noise the door slammed with a bang 同義詞
- ▪ a sharp blow causing a sudden, loud noise I went to answer a bang on the front door
- ▪ a sudden painful blow a nasty bang on the head 同義詞
- 2. North American a fringe of hair cut straight across the forehead she brushed back her wispy bangs
- 3. vulgar slang an act or instance of having sex.
- 4. North American the character ‘!’.
- 1. strike or put down (something) forcefully and noisily he began to bang the table with his fist Sarah banged the phone down 同義詞
- ▪ come into contact with (something) suddenly and sharply, typically by accident I banged my head on the low beams she banged into some shelves in the darkness
- ▪ (of a sports player) hit (a ball or a shot) forcefully and successfully he banged home four penalties in the opening twenty minutes
- ▪ make a sudden loud noise, typically repeatedly the shutter was banging in the wind 同義詞
- ▪ (with reference to something such as a door) open or close noisily he banged the kitchen door shut behind him 同義詞
- ▪ (of a person) move around or do something noisily she was banging around the kitchen
- 2. vulgar slang have sex with (someone).
- 3. North American cut (hair) in a fringe.
- 4. informal (of music) have a loud, energetic beat that is good for dancing to the track bangs and is perfect for any house party
- ▪ be excellent or impressive the food bangs but isn't overpriced
- 1. British informal exactly the train arrived bang on time 同義詞
- ▪ British informal completely bring your wardrobe bang up to date 同義詞
- 1. used to convey the sound of a sudden loud noise party poppers went bang
- 2. used to convey the suddenness of an action the minute something becomes obsolete, bang, it's gone 同義詞