- the land alongside or sloping down to a river or lake；a slope, mass, or mound of a particular substance
- heap (a substance) into a mass or mound；rise or form into a mass or mound
noun: bank, plural noun: banks
verb: bank, 3rd person present: banks, gerund or present participle: banking, past tense: banked, past participle: banked
- 1. the land alongside or sloping down to a river or lake willows lined the bank 同義詞
- 2. a slope, mass, or mound of a particular substance a bank of snow a bank of clouds 同義詞
- ▪ an elevation in the seabed or a riverbed; a mudbank or sandbank.
- ▪ a transverse slope given to a road, railroad, or sports track to enable vehicles or runners to maintain speed around a curve. 同義詞
- ▪ the sideways tilt of an aircraft when turning in flight flying with small amounts of bank
- 3. a set or series of similar things, especially electrical or electronic devices, grouped together in rows the DJ had big banks of lights and speakers on either side of his console 同義詞
- ▪ a tier of oars the early ships had only twenty-five oars in each bank
- 4. the cushion of a pool table a bank shot
- 1. heap (a substance) into a mass or mound the rain banked the soil up behind the gate snow was banked in humps at the roadside 同義詞
- ▪ rise or form into a mass or mound purple clouds banked up over the hills
- ▪ heap (a fire) with tightly packed fuel so that it burns slowly she could have made a fire and banked it with dirt 同義詞
- ▪ edge or surround with a ridge or row of something steps banked with pots of chrysanthemums
- 2. (of an aircraft or vehicle) tilt or cause to tilt sideways in making a turn the plane banked as if to return to the airport I banked the aircraft steeply and turned 同義詞
- ▪ build (a road, railroad, or sports track) higher at the outer edge of a bend to facilitate fast cornering the track was banked to allow a train to take curves faster while maintaining passenger comfort a banked racetrack
- 3. British (of a locomotive) provide additional power for (a train) in ascending an incline he has built a four-cylinder locomotive for banking trains up the Lickey incline
- 4. North American (in pool and other games) play (a ball) so that it rebounds off a surface such as a backboard or cushion I banked the eight ball off two cushions
美國人發bank與black都是將 "a" 發成蝴蝶音...字聽起來跟美國人講的差距不大，只是有時bank會被發成「變可」、而black會被唸作...母音規則與black相同）、ban（母音規則與bank相同）、sham（母音規則與ham相同）都是...
You can bank on it. 你可以指望它。 你可以依靠它。 bank on 指望 I'm banking on your help. 我指望你的幫助。 bank . 存(款)於銀行 一般人覺得把錢存於銀行是最保險的方式 是最有保障的了...
bank KK: [ 圖片參考：http://tw.yimg.com/i/tw/dictionary/pic/041.gif ] DJ...n. (名詞 noun)[C] 堤;岸 They stood on the river bank to fish. 他們站在河岸邊釣魚。 田埂 (形似堤岸的雲,雪,土)堆,一堆...