- savagely cruel；primitive; unsophisticated
- 1. savagely cruel he carried out barbaric acts in the name of war 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. primitive; unsophisticated the barbaric splendour he found in civilizations since destroyed 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ uncivilized and uncultured drinking undiluted wine was considered barbaric
- savagely cruel; exceedingly brutal: he had carried out barbaric acts in the name of war
Oxford American Dictionary
Barbaric 現在僅意為「殘忍的，殘暴的，兇殘的」(very cruel, brutal)，如 barbaric tortures (十分殘忍的刑求)；a barbaric...a.m. (清晨五點給人打電話是缺乏教養的行為)；a barbarous writer/style (用語粗俗的作家/粗鄙的文體)。 由上可知，barbaric 和 barbarous 這兩個形容詞在「殘忍的，殘暴的，兇殘的」意思上是同義詞。 但是只有barbarous可用來說沒有禮貌的...
... will look on and see as backwards, or even barbaric? "are there" is a phrase and ...about what is "backwards" or "barbaric". "backwards" = "backward" ...
I hope that everyone can understand that Chinese are not a crowd of rude, barbaric tribe but civilized people.