be all over ...
- 1. 在(某處)為人人皆知 News of the holiday was all over the school within minutes. 放假的消息幾分鐘內全校就人人皆知了。
- 【口】巴結某人, 討好某人 You can see he's infatuated by her -- he was all over her at the party. 你能看出來他被她迷住了－－在聚會上他一直向她獻殷勤。
- (指演出、競賽等)大局已定, 勝負已分(只剩下歡呼聲、大會正式宣布等) Now that most of the election results have been declared, it is all over bar the shouting. 因為選舉結果多已公布, 可謂大局已定。
- (通常指特質或情緒)形之於色 Guilt was written all over his face. 他臉上明顯流露著內疚的神情。
- 【口】顯得愚蠢 He was left with egg all over his face when his forecast was proved wrong. 他的預言證實是錯的, 他顯得很尷尬。