- a growth of hair on the chin and lower cheeks of a man's face；a tuft of hair on the chin of certain mammals, for example a lion or goat.
- boldly confront or challenge (someone formidable)
noun: beard, plural noun: beards
- 1. a growth of hair on the chin and lower cheeks of a man's face:
he had a black beard
three days' growth of beard
- 2. a tuft of hair on the chin of certain mammals, for example a lion or goat.
- 3. an animal's growth or marking that is likened to a beard, for example the gills of an oyster, or the beak bristles of certain birds.
- 4. a tuft of hairs or bristles on certain plants, especially the awn of a grass.
- 5. a person who carries out a transaction, typically a bet, for someone else in order to conceal the other's identity:
the beard permitted the manipulator to protect the odds
- 6. a woman who accompanies a homosexual man as an escort to a social occasion, in order to help conceal his homosexuality:
the closeted male and his female ‘beard’
- 1. boldly confront or challenge (someone formidable):
he was afraid to beard the sultan himself
...lifeinthefastlane.ca/worlds-best-whiskers-beard-championship/offbeat-news whisker 頰鬚 髯 鬍鬚之一部份...usually in the plural.位於上唇與鼻之間的鬍鬚 beard:A beard is the hair that grows on a person's chin...
...中以前有看過這個句子，不過我忘記在哪看過了. 這是我在一個網站上查到的~ beard the lion in his den: face someone strong openly or boldly. 入獅穴捋獅須（喻公然...