- begin to be；grow to be; develop into
verb: become, 3rd person present: becomes, gerund or present participle: becoming, past tense: became, past participle: become
- 1. begin to be she became angry and sulked all day it is becoming clear that we are in a new situation
- ▪ grow to be; develop into the child will become an adult 同義詞
- ▪ (of a person) qualify or be accepted as she wanted to become a doctor 同義詞
- ▪ (in questions) happen to what would become of her now?
- 2. (of clothing) look good on or suit (someone) mourning regalia became her 同義詞
- ▪ be appropriate to (someone) minor celebrity status did not become Potter 同義詞