- a piece of furniture for sleep or rest, typically a framework with a mattress and coverings；a bed and associated facilities making up a place for a patient in a hospital or for a guest at a hotel
- settle down to sleep or rest for the night in an improvised place；settle a person or animal down to sleep or rest for the night
verb: bed, 3rd person present: beds, gerund or present participle: bedding, past tense: bedded, past participle: bedded
noun: bed, plural noun: beds
- 1. a piece of furniture for sleep or rest, typically a framework with a mattress and coverings a large double bed she was in bed by nine 同義詞
- ▪ a bed and associated facilities making up a place for a patient in a hospital or for a guest at a hotel a round of hospital staff layoffs and bed closings few can afford a bed in a hotel
- ▪ a place or article used by a person or animal for sleep or rest a bed of straw
- ▪ the time for sleeping a glass of milk before bed
- ▪ informal used with reference to a bed as the typical place for sexual activity she'd gone to bed with Tony some men care very little about pleasing their partners in bed
- 2. the bottom of the sea or a lake or river the gravelly bed of the stream 同義詞
- ▪ a place on the seabed where shellfish, especially oysters or mussels, breed or are bred vast beds of oysters
- 3. an area of ground, typically in a garden, where flowers and plants are grown a bed of tulips vegetable beds 同義詞
- 4. a stratum or layer of rock a bed of clay
- 5. a layer of food on which other foods are served the salad is served on a bed of raw spinach
- 6. a flat base or foundation on which something rests or is supported place each paver on a bed of concrete 同義詞
- ▪ the foundation of a road or railroad the rubble and dirt will help to provide a stable bed for the new road
- ▪ North American the open part of a truck, wagon, or railroad car, where goods are carried the spare tire in the forward bed of the truck
- ▪ the flat surface beneath the baize of a billiard table.
- 1. settle down to sleep or rest for the night in an improvised place he usually bedded down on newspapers in the church porch
- ▪ settle a person or animal down to sleep or rest for the night she is grooming the horses and bedding them down for the night
- ▪ informal have sex with I am quite picky when it comes to bedding someone
- 2. transfer (a plant) from a pot or seed tray to a garden plot I bedded out these houseplants 同義詞
- 3. fix firmly; embed the posts should be firmly bedded in concrete 同義詞
- ▪ lay or arrange (something, especially stone) in a layer.
a double bed = a bed for two people two single beds = 兩張單人床 twin beds = 兩張...因為bad也是形容詞,不能用形容詞來修飾形容詞 2010-12-14 08:39:03 補充： twin beds可在下列字典查到 Macmillan English Dictionary for...
in bed的意思是指在床面上(也就是在床上啦),像是lie in bed就是臥床的意思； 如果你說in the bed意思當然會不同...在電視機裡)表演還是跑到你家電視機的"上頭"表演 in bed是床的中間,on TV是在節目上演,加了the 意思全...
... that couples suffer 50% more sleep disturbances if they share a bed. The resulting lousy night's sleep can be linked to everything...