- the flesh of a cow, bull, or ox, used as food；a cow, bull, or ox fattened for its meat.
noun: beef, plural noun: beeves
- 1. the flesh of a cow, bull, or ox, used as food there was the smell of roast beef beef cattle
- ▪ a cow, bull, or ox fattened for its meat.
- 2. informal flesh or muscle, typically when well developed he needs a little more beef on his bones 同義詞
- ▪ strength or power he's been brought in to give the team more beef
- 3. informal a complaint or grievance he has a beef with American education: it doesn't teach the basics of investing 同義詞
- 4. US informal a criminal charge a drunk-driving beef
- 1. informal complain he was beefing about how the recession was killing the business