- the front part of the human trunk below the ribs, containing the stomach and bowels.；the stomach, especially as representing the body's need for food
- swell or cause to swell；move or sit close to (a bar or table)
verb: belly, 3rd person present: bellies, gerund or present participle: bellying, past tense: bellied, past participle: bellied
- 1. the front part of the human trunk below the ribs, containing the stomach and bowels.
- ▪ the stomach, especially as representing the body's need for food they'll fight all the better on empty bellies 同義詞
- ▪ the underside of a bird or other animal.
- ▪ a cut of pork from the underside between the legs.
- ▪ a pig's belly as food, especially as a traded commodity.
- ▪ the rounded underside of a ship or aircraft. 同義詞
- ▪ the top surface of an instrument of the violin family, across which the strings are placed.
- 1. swell or cause to swell as she leaned forward her sweater bellied out the wind bellied the sail out
- 2. North American informal move or sit close to (a bar or table) regulars who first bellied up to the bar years before