- of a more excellent or effective type or quality；more appropriate, advantageous, or well advised
- more excellently or effectively；to a greater degree; more
- the better one; that which is better；one's superiors in social class or ability
- improve on or surpass (an existing or previous level or achievement)；make (something) better; improve
noun: better, plural noun: betters
- 1. of a more excellent or effective type or quality hoping for better weather the new facilities were far better 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ more appropriate, advantageous, or well advised there couldn't be a better time to start this job it might be better to borrow the money 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. partly or fully recovered from illness, injury, or mental stress; less unwell his leg was getting better she's much better today 同義詞 反義詞
- 1. more excellently or effectively Johnny could do better if he tried instruments are generally better made these days 同義詞
- ▪ to a greater degree; more I liked it better when we lived in the country you may find alternatives that suit you better 同義詞
- ▪ more suitably, appropriately, or usefully the money could be better spent on more urgent cases 同義詞
- 1. the better one; that which is better the Natural History Museum book is by far the better of the two a change for the better
- 2. dated, humorous one's superiors in social class or ability I'm not one to speak ill of my betters educating the young to respect their elders and betters
- 1. improve on or surpass (an existing or previous level or achievement) bettering his previous time by ten minutes 同義詞
- ▪ make (something) better; improve his ideas for bettering the working conditions 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ achieve a better social position or status the residents are mostly welfare mothers who have bettered themselves
- ▪ overcome or defeat (someone) she bettered him at archery
...另外...尚有其他詞性及用法如下.... well a. ( 形容詞 adjective ) adv. ( 副詞...病的,健康的,健壯的 《例句》 feel well 身體好 look well 看上去身體好;(人...3. 【地】 來源,源泉 《例句》 a well of information 什麼都知道的人 the well...
As well as 可當附屬連接詞和介系詞用， 當連接詞...為「和…一樣」：You know as well as I that he’s a fool. (你和...所以要使用複數動詞 – 時，或者當 as well as 及其受詞被語調或逗點隔開，因此使...
... days are here With Summer's best of weather And Autumn's best of cheer. 這些可愛跡徵...