- the flat cutting edge of a knife, saw, or other tool or weapon；short for razor blade
- skate using in-line skates
noun: blade, plural noun: blades
- 1. the flat cutting edge of a knife, saw, or other tool or weapon cut cleanly using a sharp blade
- ▪ short for razor blade
- ▪ literary a sword.
- ▪ a long, narrow flake.
- 2. the flat, wide section of an implement or device such as an oar or a propeller.
- ▪ a thin, flat metal runner on an ice skate.
- ▪ a prosthetic lower limb designed for athletes, consisting of a flattened length of carbon fiber with a long, curved section at the base Lydia is being taught to run on blades the Paralympics brought prosthetics such as running blades into the limelight.
- 3. a shoulder bone in a cut of meat, or the cut of meat itself.
- ▪ the flat part of the tongue behind the tip.
- 4. a long, narrow leaf of grass or another similar plant a blade of grass
- ▪ the broad, thin part of a leaf apart from the stalk.
- 5. informal, dated a dashing or energetic young man the director, a young blade in an oversized suit
- 1. US informal skate using in-line skates we bladed into the parking lot behind Mensky's