- a large piece of woolen or similar material used as a bed covering or other covering for warmth；a thick mass or layer of a specified material that covers something completely
- covering all cases or instances; total and inclusive
- cover completely with a thick layer of something；stifle or keep quiet (sound)
noun: blanket, plural noun: blankets
- 1. a large piece of woolen or similar material used as a bed covering or other covering for warmth:
I slept on the ground covered by my blanket
- 2. a thick mass or layer of a specified material that covers something completely:
a dense gray blanket of cloud
- 3. a rubber surface used for transferring the image in ink from the plate to the paper in offset printing.
- 1. covering all cases or instances; total and inclusive:
a blanket ban on tobacco advertising
- 1. cover completely with a thick layer of something:
the countryside was blanketed in snow
- 2. stifle or keep quiet (sound):
the double glazing blankets the noise a bit
- 3. take wind from the sails of (another craft) by passing to windward.
a wet blanket (informal) 掃興(非正式用法) someone who does or says something that .... 意指某人的言行，讓其他人掃興。 I don't want to be a wet blanket, but you really must play your music more quietly or you'll disturb the people...
www.dictionary.com的英英翻譯是： wet blanket 1. n : someone who spoils the pleasure of ...一樣。 Dr. Eye的翻譯則是： Wet Blanket ph. 1. 濕毛毯 2. 掃興的人或物 Don't bring...
一張舒服的有主場校隊徽章的毯子 home game 主場比賽 collegiate blanket 是有校徽的毯子 奧克拉哈瑪大學美式足球校隊的毯子Oklahoma ...