- a large piece of woollen or similar material used as a covering on a bed or elsewhere for warmth；a thick covering mass or layer
- covering all cases or instances; total and inclusive
- cover completely with a thick layer of something；stifle or keep quiet (sound)
verb: blanket, 3rd person present: blankets, gerund or present participle: blanketing, past tense: blanketed, past participle: blanketed
noun: blanket, plural noun: blankets
- 1. a large piece of woollen or similar material used as a covering on a bed or elsewhere for warmth I slept on the ground covered by my blanket 同義詞
- ▪ a thick covering mass or layer a dense grey blanket of cloud 同義詞
- 2. a rubber surface used for transferring the image in ink from the plate to the paper in offset printing.
- 1. covering all cases or instances; total and inclusive a blanket ban on tobacco advertising
- 1. cover completely with a thick layer of something the countryside was blanketed in snow 同義詞
- ▪ stifle or keep quiet (sound) the double glazing blankets the noise a bit 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. take wind from the sails of (another craft) by passing to windward.
a wet blanket (informal) 掃興(非正式用法) someone who does or says something that .... 意指某人的言行，讓其他人掃興。 I don't want to be a wet blanket, but you really must play your music more quietly or you'll disturb the people...
www.dictionary.com的英英翻譯是： wet blanket 1. n : someone who spoils the pleasure of ...一樣。 Dr. Eye的翻譯則是： Wet Blanket ph. 1. 濕毛毯 2. 掃興的人或物 Don't bring...
一張舒服的有主場校隊徽章的毯子 home game 主場比賽 collegiate blanket 是有校徽的毯子 奧克拉哈瑪大學美式足球校隊的毯子Oklahoma ...