- a large piece of woollen or similar material used as a covering on a bed or elsewhere for warmth；a thick covering mass or layer
- covering all cases or instances; total and inclusive
- cover completely with a thick layer of something；stifle or keep quiet (sound)
verb: blanket, 3rd person present: blankets, gerund or present participle: blanketing, past tense: blanketed, past participle: blanketed
noun: blanket, plural noun: blankets
- 1. a large piece of woollen or similar material used as a covering on a bed or elsewhere for warmth I slept on the ground covered by my blanket 同義詞
- ▪ a thick covering mass or layer a dense grey blanket of cloud 同義詞
- 2. a rubber surface used for transferring the image in ink from the plate to the paper in offset printing.
- 1. covering all cases or instances; total and inclusive a blanket ban on tobacco advertising
- 1. cover completely with a thick layer of something the countryside was blanketed in snow 同義詞
- ▪ stifle or keep quiet (sound) the double glazing blankets the noise a bit 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. take wind from the sails of (another craft) by passing to windward.