- a flower, especially one cultivated for its beauty；the state or period of flowering
- produce flowers; be in flower；come into or be in full beauty or health; flourish
noun: bloom, plural noun: blooms
- 1. a flower, especially one cultivated for its beauty an exotic bloom the hydrangea has a wealth of bloom 同義詞 flower, blossom, floweret, flowering, blossoming, ... 更多
- ▪ the state or period of flowering the apple trees were in bloom
- ▪ the state or period of greatest beauty, freshness, or vigor I am no longer in the bloom of youth 同義詞 prime, perfection, acme, zenith, peak, ... 更多反義詞 decline, nadir
- ▪ a youthful or healthy glow in a person's complexion her face had lost its usual bloom 同義詞 luster, sheen, glow, radiance, freshness, ... 更多
- 2. a delicate powdery surface deposit on certain fresh fruits, leaves, or stems the bloom on a plum
- ▪ a grayish-white appearance on chocolate caused by cocoa butter rising to the surface.
- ▪ a rapid growth of microscopic algae or cyanobacteria in water, often resulting in a colored scum on the surface.
- 3. a full bright sound, especially in a musical recording the remastering has lost some of the bloom of the strings
- 1. produce flowers; be in flower a rose tree bloomed on a ruined wall 同義詞 blossom, flower, be in blossom/flower, come into flower/blossom, open, ... 更多反義詞 wither, fade
- ▪ come into or be in full beauty or health; flourish she bloomed as an actress under his tutelage 同義詞 flourish, thrive, be in good health, get on well, get ahead, ... 更多
- ▪ (of fire, color, or light) become radiant and glowing color bloomed in her cheeks