- show shyness, embarrassment, or shame by becoming red in the face；feel embarrassed or ashamed
- a reddening of the face as a sign of shyness, embarrassment, or shame；a pink or pale red tinge
verb: blush, 3rd person present: blushes, gerund or present participle: blushing, past tense: blushed, past participle: blushed
noun: blush, plural noun: blushes
- 1. show shyness, embarrassment, or shame by becoming red in the face she blushed at the unexpected compliment Kate felt herself blushing scarlet
- ▪ feel embarrassed or ashamed he blushed to think of how he'd paraded himself
- 2. literary be or become pink or pale red the trees flower heavily in summer and blush brilliantly in autumn
- 1. a reddening of the face as a sign of shyness, embarrassment, or shame he had brought a faint blush to her cheeks
- 2. a pink or pale red tinge the roses were white with a lovely pink blush
- 3. a wine with a slight pink tint made in the manner of white wine but from red grape varieties blush Zinfandel
- 4. North American another term for blusher
blush 圖片參考：http://tw.yimg.com/i/tw/dictionary/pic/xr.gif a. ( 形容詞 adjective...top vi. ( 不及物動詞 intransitive verb ) 1. 臉紅,(臉)變紅 《例句》 I blush for your mistake. 我為你犯的錯誤感到臉紅[不好意思] I blush to own...
Blush是不及物動詞.: become red (in the face) from shame or confusion因羞愧或尷尬而臉紅, blush 也可以是名詞,就解釋為臉紅. Flush可以是及物或不及物動詞,: become red...
۞「At first blush」：「乍看之下」的意思。 （或「乍看」、「一眼看上去」。） ۞補充知識...