- (of a thing or things) joined securely to another or each other, especially by an adhesive, heat process, or pressure；emotionally or psychologically linked
- 1. (of a thing or things) joined securely to another or each other, especially by an adhesive, heat process, or pressure a bonded carpet
- ▪ emotionally or psychologically linked a strongly bonded group of females
- ▪ held by a chemical bond bonded atoms
- 2. (of a person or company) bound by a legal agreement.
- ▪ (of a travel agent or tour operator) holding an insurance policy which protects travellers' holidays and money should the company go bankrupt a fully bonded member of the Association of Independent Tour Operators
- ▪ (of a worker or workforce) obliged to work for a particular employer, typically in a condition close to slavery it is estimated that there are now some 50 million bonded labourers
- 3. (of dutiable goods) placed in bond.