- past and past participle of bind
- certain to do or have something；obliged by law, circumstances, or duty to do something
- 1. past and past participle of bind
- 1. certain to do or have something there is bound to be a change of plan 同義詞
- ▪ obliged by law, circumstances, or duty to do something I'm bound to do what I can to help Sam I'm bound to say that I'm not sure 同義詞
- 2. restricted or confined to a specified place his job kept him city-bound
- ▪ prevented from operating normally by the specified conditions blizzard-bound Boston
- 3. (of a book) having a specified binding fine leather-bound books
- 4. (of a morpheme) unable to occur alone, e.g., dis- in dismount.
- 5. constipated.