- a male child or young man；a son
- used to express strong feelings, especially of excitement or admiration
noun: boy, plural noun: boys
- 1. a male child or young man a four-year-old boy a group of six boys
- ▪ a son she put her little boy to bed
- ▪ a male child or young man who does a specified job a delivery boy
- 2. used informally or lightheartedly to refer to a man the inspector was a local boy
- ▪ dated used as a friendly form of address from one man to another, often from an older man to a young man my dear boy, don't say another word!
- ▪ dated, offensive (often used as a form of address) a black male servant or worker.
- ▪ used as a form of address to a male dog down boy, down!
- 1. informal used to express strong feelings, especially of excitement or admiration oh boy, that's wonderful!