- a device for slowing or stopping a moving vehicle, typically by applying pressure to the wheels；a thing that slows or hinders a process
- make a moving vehicle slow down or stop by using a brake
noun: brake, plural noun: brakes
verb: brake, 3rd person present: brakes, gerund or present participle: braking, past tense: braked, past participle: braked
- 1. a device for slowing or stopping a moving vehicle, typically by applying pressure to the wheels:
he slammed on his brakes
a brake pedal
- 2. a thing that slows or hinders a process:
managers have a duty to put the brakes on growth when it is unsustainable
- 1. make a moving vehicle slow down or stop by using a brake:
drivers who brake abruptly
A braking mass is used in braking system, it is very technical...have high capacity for temporarily storing heat to absorb heat from the friction during braking operation. This substance is call "braking mass". ...
parking brake 是手煞車 或是停車時踩下去的煞車 the parking brake is engaged 是指: 手煞車已經拉起來了(已經到位了)
It really doesn't have any hidden meaning, but just for fun. Here are more: " Watch out for the idiot behind me!" Moooooove, I'm trying to speed! If you're rich, I’m single! 0-60 in 15 minutes...