- a structure carrying a road, path, railway, etc. across a river, road, or other obstacle；something intended to reconcile or connect two seemingly incompatible things
- be or make a bridge over (something)；make (a difference between two groups) smaller or less significant
noun: bridge, plural noun: bridges
- 1. a structure carrying a road, path, railway, etc. across a river, road, or other obstacle a bridge across the River Thames a railway bridge 同義詞
- ▪ something intended to reconcile or connect two seemingly incompatible things a committee which was formed to create a bridge between rival party groups 同義詞
- ▪ short for land bridge
- 2. the elevated, enclosed platform on a ship from which the captain and officers direct operations Talbot stepped across the two gunwales and made his way up to the bridge
- 3. the upper bony part of a person's nose he pushed his spectacles further up the bridge of his nose
- ▪ the central part of a pair of glasses, fitting over the bridge of the nose these sunglasses have a special nose bridge for comfort
- 4. a partial denture supported by natural teeth on either side.
- 5. the part of a stringed instrument over which the strings are stretched ebony bridges and fingerboards
- 6. a bridge passage or middle eight.
- 7. the support for the tip of a billiard cue formed by the hand.
- ▪ a long stick with a frame at the end which is used to support a cue for a difficult shot.
- 8. an electric circuit with two branches across which a detector or load is connected, used to measure resistance or other property by equalizing the potential across the two ends of a detector, or to rectify an alternating voltage or current.
- 1. be or make a bridge over (something) a covered walkway bridged the gardens earlier attempts to bridge St George's Channel had failed 同義詞
- ▪ make (a difference between two groups) smaller or less significant new initiatives were needed to bridge the great abyss of class 同義詞 反義詞
...艦橋; 電橋 v. 克服; 彌補 例句： This old wooden bridge is one of the most famous landmarks of ...逼迫過甚，以免其拼死反擊 諺語： Don't cross the bridge till you get to it. 到了橋頭再過橋。 諺語： If...
...三緘其口,不願意給正確解釋的話,我想London Bridge也不見得就一定確切的代表些什麼,或甚至只是隨興之...只是沒有想到這層典故,只是把它比喻成London Bridge這種堅固建築物的象徵,而Fergie說它倒下,就...
bridge pier [′brij ‚pir] (civil engineering) The main support for a bridge, upon which the bridge superstructure rests。 就是中文的"橋墩"； 版大的理解是正確的。 原文提到，高鐵雲林路段的土壤流失，所以加強橋墩的補強。