- of short duration；concise in expression; using few words
- a concise statement or summary；a set of instructions given to a person about a job or task
- instruct or inform (someone) thoroughly, especially in preparation for a task
verb: brief, 3rd person present: briefs, gerund or present participle: briefing, past tense: briefed, past participle: briefed
noun: brief, plural noun: briefs
- 1. of short duration the president made a brief visit to Moscow 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ concise in expression; using few words introductions were brief and polite 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a piece of clothing) not covering much of the body; scanty Alice sported a pair of extremely brief black shorts 同義詞
- 1. a concise statement or summary their comments were cribbed right from industry briefs
- ▪ a set of instructions given to a person about a job or task his brief is to turn around the country's economy 同義詞
- ▪ a written summary of the facts and legal points supporting one side of a case, for presentation to a court.
- ▪ a letter from the Pope to a person or community on a matter of discipline.
- 1. instruct or inform (someone) thoroughly, especially in preparation for a task she briefed him on last week's decisions