- 1. 撫養 well/badly brought up 有／沒教養 to bring sb. up to do sth. 從小教育某人做某事
- 2. 帶上來
- 3. 使急停 his remark brought her up short 他的話把她噎了回去 the sight of the gun brought us up sharply 我們一看到槍就停下腳步
- 4. 傳訊 to bring sb. up before the judge 傳訊某人到法官面前 he was brought up on a charge of drunken driving 他因被控酒醉駕駛受到傳訊
- 5. 把…拿上來 to bring sth. up with one 隨身把某物拿上來 to bring sb. up sth., to bring sth. up for sb. 把某物給某人拿上去
- 6. 改進; 提高 to bring sth. up to standard 使某事物達標
- 7. 嘔出
- 8. 提出 I'm sorry, I won't bring it up again 對不起，我不會再提這件事了
- 9. 調出
1. Having been brought up in Paris, he speaks French very...brought才是片語的主角。 2.I was brought up on a farm.我是在農場長大的 這裡的was是助動詞...
bring up 相當於『提出來』-- 關於事情，或討論的議題，都可使用 bring up 提出來 He knows what he wants and he enjoys ...
養育 to bring up; to raise; to rear; to mother; to breed; to nurture 撫養 to foster; to raise; to rear...照顧的話，nurture / rear / tend / foster / mother 都很常用。 如果指將小孩養大的話，bring up / raise / fetch up 會比較適合。 希望有幫到你! ^^