- a roughly cylindrical open container, typically made of metal or plastic, with a handle, used to hold and carry liquids or other material；the contents of a bucket or the amount it can contain
- rain heavily；(of a vehicle) move quickly and jerkily
verb: bucket, 3rd person present: buckets, gerund or present participle: bucketing, past tense: bucketed, past participle: bucketed
noun: bucket, plural noun: buckets
- 1. a roughly cylindrical open container, typically made of metal or plastic, with a handle, used to hold and carry liquids or other material a bucket and spade an ice bucket
- ▪ the contents of a bucket or the amount it can contain she emptied a bucket of water over them
- ▪ informal large quantities of liquid, typically rain or tears I wept buckets
- ▪ informal a basket.
- ▪ a compartment on the outer edge of a waterwheel the Laxey wheel had 168 buckets, each holding 24 gallons
- ▪ the scoop of a dredger or grain elevator as the chain turns the buckets bite into the canal bed and scoop out the mud
- ▪ a scoop attached to the front of a loader, digger, or tractor.
- 2. a unit of data that can be transferred from secondary storage in a single operation.
- 1. British informal rain heavily it was still bucketing down 同義詞
- 2. informal (of a vehicle) move quickly and jerkily the car came bucketing out of a side road 同義詞
- an unauthorized office for speculating in stocks or currency using the funds of unwitting investors.
- a toilet which does not use water and has to be emptied manually.
- a car, ship, or other vehicle which is old and badly rusted: this famous rust bucket, the good ship Cubbie, last dropped anchor in 1945 an old rust-bucket Pontiac drew up at the Imperial Motel
- a seat in a car or aircraft with a rounded back to fit one person.
Oxford American Dictionary
- a number of experiences or achievements that a person hopes to have or accomplish during their ... making this trip is the first thing on my bucket list
- a simple soft cloth hat with a brim.
- a firefighting device in the form of a large container from which water is released from the ... choppers carrying monsoon buckets worked to control it
- a bucket for removing waste from a kitchen or chamber pot.
- a roughly cylindrical open container with a handle, made of metal or plastic and used to hold ... a bucket and spade an ice bucket
- rain heavily: it was still bucketing down
Kick the bucket To die. This moderately impolite usage has a disputed... on a bucket, fastens a rope around one's neck, and kicks the bucket away. A more likely origin is the use of bucket in the sense of "a...
kick the bucket 這個片語的意思是死掉， 所以 The Bucket List 就是指死以前要完成事情的清單囉！ 至於kick the bucket〈直譯：踢桶子〉為什麼會跟死有關ㄋ， 我現在在找網路資料， 找到再補充囉...
"a bucket load" 是一個形容詞片語,"很多", "極多"的意思. 你的句子並不完全,後面應該還有名詞才完全. 例如: I am trying a bucket load of solutions to solve the problem. 我正在嘗試許多的方法來解決這個...