- a small insect.；a harmful microorganism, as a bacterium or virus.
- conceal a miniature microphone in (a room or telephone) in order to monitor or record someone's conversations；record or monitor (a conversation) by concealing a microphone in a room or telephone.
noun: bug, plural noun: bugs
verb: bug, 3rd person present: bugs, gerund or present participle: bugging, past tense: bugged, past participle: bugged
- 1. a small insect.
- 2. a harmful microorganism, as a bacterium or virus.
- 3. an illness caused by a harmful microorganism such as a bacterium or virus:
suffering from a flu bug
- 4. an enthusiastic, almost obsessive, interest in something:
they caught the sailing bug
Joe was bitten by the showbiz bug
- 5. an insect of a large order distinguished by having mouthparts that are modified for piercing and sucking.
- 6. a miniature microphone, typically concealed in a room or telephone, used for surveillance.
- 7. an error in a computer program or system.
- 1. conceal a miniature microphone in (a room or telephone) in order to monitor or record someone's conversations:
the telephones in the presidential palace were bugged
- 2. record or monitor (a conversation) by concealing a microphone in a room or telephone.
- 3. annoy or bother (someone):
a persistent reporter was bugging me
ph. leave quickly
ph. leave quickly
n. whiskey or other liquor, especially when of poor quality.
n. a large black wingless cockroach which emits an unpleasant smell when disturbed.
n. another term for pill woodlouse
adj. having bulging eyes:
a bug-eyed monster
n. a plant bug with very long slender legs.
n. a bug which resembles a shield bug, several American kinds being serious pests of squashes and similar fruit.
- n.a harmful microorganism, typically a bacterium:
- their ham was found to be contaminated with food bugs
- v.conceal a miniature microphone in (a room or telephone) in order to eavesdrop on or record someone's conversations secretly:
- the telephones in the presidential palace were bugged
ｂｕｇ是蟲的意思，用在資訊上，則是指電腦（軟體）設計的錯誤！它的典故是這樣的： 在早期電腦還是以真空管...個真空管中，發現了一隻被電擊斃的小蟲（據說是瓢蟲），清理後機器終於能順利運作！而從這件事之後，ｂｕｇ就成為電腦中小錯誤的簡稱，ｄｅｂｕｇ就是把這些錯誤找出來！ "KUSO" KUSO...
—Verb phrases 16. bug off, Slang. to leave or depart, esp. rapidly: I can't help...
BUG是蟲蟲的統稱（在美國所有的蟲蟲的統稱） 也是台灣人的臭蟲 也是電腦IC設計師最頭痛的BUG（臭蟲） INSECT的身體有3個部分（頭，THORAX，和肚子...