- construct (something, typically something large) by putting parts or material together over a period of time；commission, finance, and oversee the building of (something)
- the dimensions or proportions of a person's or animal's body；the style or form of construction of something, especially a vehicle
noun: build, plural noun: builds
- 1. construct (something, typically something large) by putting parts or material together over a period of time:
the factory was built in 1936
- 2. commission, finance, and oversee the building of (something):
the city council plans to build a bridge
- 3. incorporate (something) and make it a permanent part of a structure, system, or situation:
engineers want to build in extra traction
- 4. compile (a program, database, index, etc.).
- 5. establish and develop (a business, relationship, or situation) over a period of time:
he'd built up the store from nothing
- 6. use as a basis for further progress or development:
the nation should build on the talents of its workforce
- 7. increase the size, intensity, or extent of:
we built up confidence in our abilities
the air of excited anticipation builds
- 1. the dimensions or proportions of a person's or animal's body:
she was of medium height and slim build
he has the ideal build for a sprinter
- 2. the style or form of construction of something, especially a vehicle:
the car's high specification and impressive build quality
- 3. a compiled version of a program:
a beta build of the program
- 4. the process of compiling a program.
... three expressions: (1) be "built" of something: (= to be made using particular... you want to mean "iron" as a kind of building materials, (in fact, it is) the ...
...三種型態, 最後一種除了過去分詞之外, 也可以當成是形容詞在用. 而此時well-built要看成是一個字, 製造的很好. 舉個例: This car is built...
The house (which was) built 5o years ago 主詞 seems deserted. 那間50年以前所蓋...