- construct (something, typically something large) by putting parts or material together over a period of time；commission, finance, and oversee the building of (something)
- the dimensions or proportions of a person's or animal's body；the style or form of construction of something, especially a vehicle
noun: build, plural noun: builds
- 1. construct (something, typically something large) by putting parts or material together over a period of time the factory was built in 1936 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ commission, finance, and oversee the building of (something) the city council plans to build a bridge
- ▪ incorporate (something) and make it a permanent part of a structure, system, or situation engineers want to build in extra traction
- ▪ compile (a program, database, index, etc.).
- ▪ establish and develop (a business, relationship, or situation) over a period of time he'd built up the store from nothing 同義詞
- ▪ use as a basis for further progress or development the nation should build on the talents of its workforce
- ▪ increase the size, intensity, or extent of we built up confidence in our abilities the air of excited anticipation builds
- 1. the dimensions or proportions of a person's or animal's body she was of medium height and slim build he has the ideal build for a sprinter
- 2. the style or form of construction of something, especially a vehicle the car's high specification and impressive build quality
- 3. a compiled version of a program a beta build of the program
- ▪ the process of compiling a program.
...三種型態, 最後一種除了過去分詞之外, 也可以當成是形容詞在用. 而此時well-built要看成是一個字, 製造的很好. 舉個例: This car is built...
... three expressions: (1) be "built" of something: (= to be made using particular... you want to mean "iron" as a kind of building materials, (in fact, it is) the ...
要這樣看: software for remote over build, laterally existing computer and modem (interwiring by others...can be used for remote maintenance) 2. maintenance over something(=build-laterally existing computer and modem)(對某件東西所做的維護...