- construct (something) by putting parts or material together；commission, finance, and oversee the building of (something)
- the proportions of a person's or animal's body；the style or form of construction of something, especially a vehicle
noun: build, plural noun: builds
verb: build, 3rd person present: builds, gerund or present participle: building, past tense: built, past participle: built
- 1. construct (something) by putting parts or material together the ironworks were built in 1736 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ commission, finance, and oversee the building of (something) the county council plans to build a bypass
- ▪ incorporate something and make it a permanent part of a structure, system, or situation engineers want to build in extra traction
- ▪ compile (a program, database, index, etc.) you can build database applications without writing any code
- 2. make or become stronger or more intense we built up confidence in our abilities the air of excited anticipation builds
- ▪ establish and develop (a business or situation) over a period of time he'd built up the store from nothing 同義詞
- ▪ use as a basis for further development Britain should build on the talents of its workforce
- 1. the proportions of a person's or animal's body she was of medium height and slim build he had an ideal build for a sprinter
- 2. the style or form of construction of something, especially a vehicle the car's high specification and impressive build quality
- 3. a compiled version of a program a beta build of the program
- ▪ the process of compiling a program.
...三種型態, 最後一種除了過去分詞之外, 也可以當成是形容詞在用. 而此時well-built要看成是一個字, 製造的很好. 舉個例: This car is built...
... three expressions: (1) be "built" of something: (= to be made using particular... you want to mean "iron" as a kind of building materials, (in fact, it is) the ...
要這樣看: software for remote over build, laterally existing computer and modem (interwiring by others...can be used for remote maintenance) 2. maintenance over something(=build-laterally existing computer and modem)(對某件東西所做的維護...