- a low house having only one storey or, in some cases, upper rooms set in the roof, typically with dormer windows.；(in SE Asia) a large detached house with more than one storey.
noun: bungalow, plural noun: bungalows
- a bungalow that has a dormer window in the roof space.
- a travellers' rest house in the Indian subcontinent, originally on a dak route.
- a single-storey home in a comparatively plain style, popular from the early twentieth century: they wanted a nice Californian bungalow with polished floorboards
- a low house, with a broad front porch, having either no upper floor or upper rooms set in the ...
Oxford American Dictionary