- 1. 而 it's not an asset but a disadvantage 這不是優點而是劣勢 I'll do it, but not yet 我會做的，但不是現在
- 2. 然而 he's about your height but fatter 他身高和你差不多，但更胖些 cheap but nourishing 便宜但卻富有營養
- 3. 但是 but that's ridiculous/wonderful! 但那很荒謬／很精彩！ but we can't afford it! 可我們負擔不起啊！
- 4. 除非 I had no choice but to sign the contract 我別無選擇，只好簽了合同
- 5. 不過 I'm sorry but I can't stay any longer 抱歉我不能再呆下去了 I may be old-fashioned, but ... 我也許保守，不過…
- 1. 僅僅 these are but two of the possibilities 這只是其中的兩種可能 he's but a child 他只是個孩子
- 1. 除…以外 everybody but Paul will be there 除了保羅，大家都會到場 there's nothing for it but to leave 除了離開別無辦法
- 1. 如果沒有 we would have married but for the war 如果沒有這場戰爭，我們都已結婚了 I'd have won but for him 要不是他，我就贏了
- 2. 除…以外 the square was empty but for a couple of cabs 除了幾輛出租車，廣場上空空如也
- 1. 然而 he might agree, but then again he might have a completely different opinion 他可能同意，但他也可能持完全相反的意見
- 2. 那是因為 she speaks very good Italian, but then she did live in Rome for a year 她的意大利語講得很流利，不過她畢竟在羅馬生活過一年
- 1. 藉口 no buts: just get out of here 別找藉口，馬上滾出去
1. used to introduce a phrase or clause contrasting with what has already been mentioned
2. used to indicate the impossibility of anything other than what is being stated
「1. used to introduce a phrase or clause contrasting with what has already been mentioned」的反義字
conj. 1. 但是 It is hot in summer here, but it is not cold in winter. 這裡夏天熱,但冬天不冷...歲了。 4. (表示驚訝,不同意等)喔,哇 Heavens, but it snows. 天哪,真的下雪了。 5. (用來加強語句...
...can not要寫成cannot back-value字典上查不到這個字 but to today錯誤，因為動詞do...不能和to today形成有意義的文字...句子應該是接近這句的結構，但內容不合理，且語法不對。（but=except) 2012-08-15 12:26:14 補充： The issuing...
...同位語，應該只有［一個］名詞子句，不會用對等的not only ... but also ...帶出兩個名詞子句來當the fact的同位語。 應該是the...要寫成; Not only does the flower smell great, but its leaves also taste good.(but和also要分開...