- identifying the agent performing an action.；after a passive verb
- so as to go past
- variant spelling of bye
- 1. identifying the agent performing an action.
- ▪ after a passive verb the door was opened by my cousin Annie damage caused by fire 同義詞
- ▪ after a noun denoting an action a clear decision by the electorate years of hard fund-raising work by local people
- ▪ identifying the author of a text, idea, or work of art a book by Ernest Hemingway
- 2. indicating the means of achieving something malaria can be controlled by attacking the parasite they substantiate their opinions by the use of precise textual reference
- ▪ indicating a term to which an interpretation is to be assigned what is meant by ‘fair’?
- ▪ indicating a name according to which a person is known she mostly calls me by my last name
- ▪ indicating the means of transport selected for a journey the cost of travelling by bus I travelled to Folkestone by rail
- ▪ indicating the other parent of someone's child or children Richard is his son by his third wife
- ▪ indicating the sire of a pedigree animal, especially a horse a black filly by Goldfuerst
- ▪ (followed by a noun without a determiner) in various phrases indicating how something happens I heard by chance that she has married again Anderson, by contrast, rejects this view
- 3. indicating the amount or size of a margin the shot missed her by miles the raising of VAT by 2.5%
- ▪ indicating a quantity or amount billing is by the minute the drunken yobbos who turned up by the cartload
- ▪ in phrases indicating something happening repeatedly or progressively, typically with repetition of a unit of time colours changing minute by minute the risk becomes worse by the day
- ▪ identifying a parameter a breakdown of employment figures by age and occupation
- ▪ expressing multiplication, especially in dimensions a map measuring 400 by 600 mm she multiplied it by 89
- 4. indicating a deadline or the end of a particular time period I've got to do this report by Monday by now Kelly needed extensive physiotherapy 同義詞
- 5. indicating location of a physical object beside a place or object remains were discovered by the roadside the pram was by the dresser 同義詞
- ▪ past and beyond I drove by our house 同義詞
- 6. indicating the period in which something happens this animal always hunts by night
- 7. concerning; according to anything you do is all right by me she had done her duty by him 同義詞
- 8. used in mild oaths it was the least he could do, by God I swear by Almighty God
- 1. so as to go past a car flashed by on the other side of the road he let only a moment go by
- 1. variant spelling of bye
1. By the time (when) he passed away, a mere ten years later...過去式就可以了，不必寫成［過去完成式］來強調在另一件事之前，何況by the time...這個介系詞片語是用來提供he was an internaitonally ...
...資料；請注意我劃底線及粗體字的地方 應該可以幫到您) by 被；藉由；在旁邊 A 當介系詞 1.在被動語態裡...4.2by也有「經過」的意思： The bus flew by me before I could stop it. 我還沒來得及招手...
1.簡單介系詞:"被"的意思 2.by=not later than 表示某是發生在某一特定時刻，或此特定時刻之前...點中之前要歸還這片DVD。 >>表示不能睌於星期一晚上6點鐘。 3.by=beside 在....旁邊, 靠近 Eg: Dee is going to sit by/beside...