- the most important city or town of a country or region, usually its seat of government and administrative center；a place associated more than any other with a specified activity or product
- (of an offense or charge) liable to the death penalty；(of a letter of the alphabet) large in size and of the form used to begin sentences and names.
- used to express approval, satisfaction, or delight
noun: capital, plural noun: capitals
- 1. the most important city or town of a country or region, usually its seat of government and administrative center Warsaw is the capital of Poland 同義詞
- ▪ a place associated more than any other with a specified activity or product Milan is the fashion capital of the world
- 2. wealth in the form of money or other assets owned by a person or organization or available or contributed for a particular purpose such as starting a company or investing rates of return on invested capital were high the senior partner would provide the initial capital 同義詞
- ▪ the excess of a company's assets over its liabilities.
- ▪ people who possess wealth and use it to control a society's economic activity, considered collectively a conflict of interest between capital and labor
- ▪ a valuable resource of a particular kind there is insufficient investment in human capital
- 3. a letter of the size and form used to begin sentences and names he wrote the name in capitals 同義詞
- 1. (of an offense or charge) liable to the death penalty murder was a capital crime
- 2. (of a letter of the alphabet) large in size and of the form used to begin sentences and names.
- 3. informal, dated excellent he's a really capital fellow
- 1. British informal, dated used to express approval, satisfaction, or delight That's splendid! Capital!
- the legally authorized killing of someone as punishment for a crime: the abolition of capital punishment
- see seed money
- a tax by means of which the state appropriates a fixed proportion of private wealth: he headed off demands for a capital levy
- money spent by a business or organization on acquiring or maintaining fixed assets, such as ... the past twelve months have seen cutbacks in capital expenditure by all ten water companies
- a profit from the sale of property or an investment: a tax is imposed when individuals part with an asset and make capital gains on it
Oxford American Dictionary
- the particular distribution of debt and equity that makes up the finances of a company: restructuring our operations and capital structure will enable the firm to emerge as a stronger company
- the city or town that functions as the seat of government and administrative centre of a ... Warsaw is the capital of Poland
- (of an offence or charge) liable to the death penalty: murder is the only capital crime in the state
- used to express approval, satisfaction, or delight: That's splendid! Capital!
- the distinct, typically broader section at the head of a pillar or column: the pillars have molded capitals
Oxford American Dictionary
- the distinct, typically broader section at the head of a pillar or column: the pillars have moulded capitals
...在監獄裡的成本來得高,仍是建議有死刑的判決. I don't agree that capital punishment is a good way to punish the crimes. I sitill believe human...
...想你對金融業有一定程度的了解吧！實在很難簡單的解釋Tier One Capital是什麼，這個中文翻譯成"第一類資本"以下解釋來自輔大的吳春光助理...
"Human Capital Management System"是人力資源上的新興名詞，中文稱為人力...