- take the chance to gain advantage from；provide (a company) with capital
verb: capitalize, 3rd person present: capitalizes, gerund or present participle: capitalizing, past tense: capitalized, past participle: capitalized
- 1. take the chance to gain advantage from do they have what it takes to capitalize on this emerging opportunity?
- 2. provide (a company) with capital a highly capitalized industry
- 3. realize (the present value of an income); convert into capital people should have the right to capitalize part of the value of these benefits
- ▪ reckon (the value of an asset) by setting future benefits against the cost of maintenance a trader will want to capitalize repairs expenditure
- 4. write or print (a word or letter) in capital letters the letter M, either capitalized or in lower case, is the abbreviation for mili-
- ▪ begin (a word) with a capital letter.
- take the chance to gain advantage from: do they have what it takes to capitalize on this emerging opportunity?
Oxford American Dictionary