- the dead body of an animal；the trunk of an animal such as a cow, sheep, or pig, for cutting up as meat
noun: carcass, plural noun: carcasses
- 1. the dead body of an animal she saw the mud-covered carcass of a sheep 同義詞 corpse, cadaver, dead body, body, remains, ... 更多
- ▪ the trunk of an animal such as a cow, sheep, or pig, for cutting up as meat the carcass has a high proportion of meat to bone 同義詞 corpse, cadaver, dead body, body, remains, ... 更多
- ▪ the remains of a cooked bird after all the edible parts have been removed.
- ▪ a person's body, living or dead my obsession will last while there's life in this old carcass 同義詞 body, person, self, backside, informalbutt, ... 更多
- ▪ the structural framework of a building, ship, or piece of furniture.
- ▪ the remains of something automotive carcasses stripped of radios, hubcaps and even body panels
- raw meat as distinct from corned or tinned meat.
- the dead body of an animal: she saw the mud-covered carcass of a sheep
Oxford American Dictionary