- a complete list of items, typically one in alphabetical or other systematic order.；a list of all the books or resources in a library
- make a systematic list of (items of the same type)；enter (an item) in a catalog
verb: catalogue, 3rd person present: catalogues, gerund or present participle: cataloguing, past tense: catalogued, past participle: catalogued
noun: catalogue, plural noun: catalogues
- 1. a complete list of items, typically one in alphabetical or other systematic order.
- ▪ a list of all the books or resources in a library a computerized library catalog
- ▪ a publication containing details of items for sale, especially one produced by a mail-order company a mail-order catalog 同義詞 brochure, prospectus, guide, magalogue, mailer, ... 更多
- ▪ a list of works of art in an exhibition or collection, with detailed comments and explanations this collection of paintings is the subject of a detailed catalog 同義詞 directory, register, index, list, listing, ... 更多
- ▪ a list of courses offered by a university or college.
- ▪ a series of unwelcome or unpleasant things his life was a catalog of dismal failures
- 1. make a systematic list of (items of the same type) it will be some time before the collection is fully cataloged
- ▪ enter (an item) in a catalog the picture was withdrawn before being cataloged
- ▪ list (similar situations, qualities, or events) in succession the report catalogs dangerous work practices in the company