- an event causing great and usually sudden damage or suffering; a disaster；something very unfortunate or unsuccessful
noun: catastrophe, plural noun: catastrophes
- 1. an event causing great and usually sudden damage or suffering; a disaster an environmental catastrophe inaction will only bring us closer to catastrophe
- ▪ something very unfortunate or unsuccessful the tax would be a catastrophe for the industry
- 2. the denouement of a drama, especially a classical tragedy.
- an event causing great and often sudden damage or suffering; a disaster: a national economic catastrophe leading the world to catastrophe
Oxford American Dictionary
"disaster"有如"災難" "catastrophe"有如"浩劫" catastrophe的嚴重度應比"disaster"高出許多倍...
Who can discriminate between catastrophe and catastrophy? And disaster.calamity I wonder whether...英文的字義上的差異 那請您參考以下的解釋< catastrophe> 1. calamity , catastrophe, disaster , tragedy, cataclysm -- (an event...
...所以這裡的there is指的是 humans can do in facing the weather catastrophe 其實如果這句寫成 There is little that humans can do in...