- a temporary suspension of fighting; a truce；an order or signal to stop fighting.
noun: ceasefire, plural noun: ceasefires
- 1. a temporary suspension of fighting; a truce the latest ceasefire seems to be holding a ceasefire agreement
- ▪ an order or signal to stop fighting.
- a temporary suspension of fighting, typically one during which peace talks take place; a truce: the latest ceasefire seems to be holding a ceasefire agreement
Oxford American Dictionary
1. The initiative urges a ceasefire starting imminently (which is) followed...agency that a political agreement must be reached before a ceasefire could take effect. 這句是五大句型中的授與動詞類型，公式...
... fed communist/right-wing propaganda. One official dismissed the ceasefire as a mere propaganda exercise. propagandist [Show phonetics] noun [C], adjective...
...withdraw. 暫時收兵，如為收兵不動，停火之意。 則名詞可用， Temporary ceasefire/temporary cease-fire. 動詞可用 to cease fire temporarily. 停火休戰另有一字：truce ...