- a series of linked metal rings used for fastening or securing something, or for pulling loads；a decorative chain worn round the neck as jewellery or as a badge of office
- fasten or secure with a chain；confine with a chain
noun: chain, plural noun: chains
- 1. a series of linked metal rings used for fastening or securing something, or for pulling loads he slid the bolts on the front door and put the safety chain across the drug dealer is being kept in chains 同義詞
- ▪ a decorative chain worn round the neck as jewellery or as a badge of office a tall man with a heavy gold chain round his neck
- ▪ a restrictive force or factor workers secured by the chains of the labour market
- 2. a sequence of items of the same type forming a line he kept the chain of buckets supplied with water 同義詞
- ▪ a series of connected elements the action would initiate a chain of events
- ▪ a connected series of mountains a mountain chain
- ▪ a group of hotels, restaurants, or shops owned by the same company the agency is part of a nationwide chain a chain restaurant 同義詞
- ▪ British a situation in which the sale of a house or flat is dependent on the prospective buyer selling their own or the seller buying another first our offer was accepted this morning and there's no chain
- ▪ a part of a molecule consisting of a number of atoms bonded together in a linear sequence.
- ▪ a figure in a quadrille or similar dance, in which dancers meet and pass each other in a continuous sequence.
- 3. a jointed measuring line consisting of linked metal rods.
- ▪ a measure of length equivalent to a chain (66 ft).
- 4. a structure of planks projecting horizontally from a sailing ship's sides abreast of the masts, used to widen the basis for the shrouds.
- 1. fasten or secure with a chain she chained her bicycle to the railings
- ▪ confine with a chain he had been chained up as an actuary you will not be chained to a desk
...忙,只列了一些重點.希望對你有用. -"A supply chain is the sequence of organizations- ...importance of e-commerce 7. The complexity of supply chains 8. The need to manage inventories"...
chain 是鍊子 or 連續 的意思 所以 chain-smoker 是形容一個人 連續不斷的抽著煙 所以可以翻譯成：煙...等等 chain letter / mail 連鎖信, 常在網路上被轉寄的電子信件 chain reaction 連鎖反應 chain drinker 酒鬼 PS. chain smoker...
...位回答者 實習生4級，我來了 所引用的原文的確是chained dollar的定義，可惜他用翻譯軟體翻得不知所云。本人...任一指定年度，因此受到時間因素扭曲的效應越低。 Chained dollars -- A measure used to express...