- a person, especially a man, designated to preside over a meeting；the permanent or long-term president of a committee, company, or other organization
noun: chairman, plural noun: chairmen
- 1. a person, especially a man, designated to preside over a meeting:
the chairman of the conference
- 2. the permanent or long-term president of a committee, company, or other organization:
he was chairman of the finance committee
he received an offer to become the company's chairman and chief executive
- 3. (since 1949) the leading figure in the Chinese Communist Party.
- 4. one of the two people carrying a sedan chair.
- 5. a person, especially a man, who is the administrative head of a department of instruction at a college or university.
- n.a person chosen to preside over a meeting:
- the chairman of the conference
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
... (sat/ seated himself/herself ) next to the Chairman of the Board, the prospective CEO candidate seemed to be uneasy...
...一樣 所有關於執行方面的事務 將由他主掌與監督管控 他需要向董事會負全責 Chairman==> 董事長 一般用於 在董事會上的 主席職稱 需主導與協助董事會的事宜 於...
chairman是普通可數名詞，通常是會加上冠詞等determiner（定詞）在前面的（不會因為當受詞補語就不加定詞）。 如：the Chairman of the Board (of Directors，the new Chairman of ...