- complete disorder and confusion；behavior so unpredictable as to appear random, owing to great sensitivity to small changes in conditions.
noun: chaos, plural noun: chaoses
- 1. complete disorder and confusion snow caused chaos in the region
- ▪ behavior so unpredictable as to appear random, owing to great sensitivity to small changes in conditions.
- ▪ the formless matter supposed to have existed before the creation of the universe.
- ▪ the first created being, from which came the primeval deities Gaia, Tartarus, Erebus, and Nyx.
- complete disorder and confusion: snow caused chaos in the region