- describe the distinctive nature or features of；(of a feature or quality) be typical or characteristic of
verb: characterize, 3rd person present: characterizes, gerund or present participle: characterizing, past tense: characterized, past participle: characterized
- 1. describe the distinctive nature or features of:
the historian characterized the period as the decade of revolution
- 2. (of a feature or quality) be typical or characteristic of:
the disease is characterized by weakening of the immune system
- v.describe the distinctive nature or features of:
- she characterized the period as the decade of revolution
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
His is a personality characterized by good humor; no one seems able to irritate him.想請問為什麼his後的名詞會跑到冠詞a的後面。?
...錯！ His = his personality His (personality) is a personality characterized by good humor; ... 其情格的特色是具有良好的幽默感；（似乎無人能激怒他...
Supersonic flows are also characterized by oblique expansion wave, where the pressure decreases continuously across the wave...
... simply. 當然也可以用您提供的兩個句子來詮釋： Simplicity characterizes the poems of Robert Frost's. Simplicity characterizes...