- shout for joy or in praise or encouragement；praise or encourage with shouts
- a shout of encouragement, praise, or joy；a brief phrase shouted in unison by a crowd, typically led by cheerleaders, in support of an athletic team.
verb: cheer, 3rd person present: cheers, gerund or present participle: cheering, past tense: cheered, past participle: cheered
noun: cheer, plural noun: cheers
- 1. shout for joy or in praise or encouragement she cheered from the sidelines
- ▪ praise or encourage with shouts they cheered his emotional speech 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. give comfort or support to he seemed greatly cheered by my arrival 同義詞 反義詞
- 1. a shout of encouragement, praise, or joy a tremendous cheer from the audience 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ US a brief phrase shouted in unison by a crowd, typically led by cheerleaders, in support of an athletic team.
- 2. cheerfulness, optimism, or confidence an attempt to inject a little cheer into this gloomy season 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ food and drink provided for a festive occasion they had partaken heartily of the Christmas cheer 同義詞