- informal and inconsequential conversation
- talk about trivial matters
verb: chitter-chatter, 3rd person present: chittter-chatters, gerund or present participle: chitter-chattering, past tense: chitter-chattered, past participle: chitter-chattered
- 1. informal and inconsequential conversation there was chitter-chatter in the lobby as Mabel entered the movie theatre
- 1. talk about trivial matters people are chitter-chattering and laughter flows freely
- informal and inconsequential conversation: there was chitter-chatter in the lobby as Mabel entered the movie theater
- talk about trivial matters: people are chitter-chattering and laughter flows freely
Oxford American Dictionary
chatter : KK: [ 圖片參考：http://l.yimg.com/f/i/tw/dictionary/pic/019.gif...gif ] vi. (不及物動詞 intransitive verb)喋喋不休,嘮叨[(+about)]She chattered on and on about her recent trip.她喋喋不休地談她最近的旅行。(鳥)鳴囀...
Who chatters to you will chatter of you. 【諺】 對你說人家壞話的人,也會說你壞話 既是Proverb就像我們的成語一樣，是約定俗成的說法了。 http://proverbhunter.com/who-chatters-to-you-will-chatter-of-you/
The womenfolk of his tribe chattered excitedly 他部族裡的女眷們激動地談天說地 =>women+folk這是比較老式...