- a fact or condition connected with or relevant to an event or action；an event or fact that causes or helps to cause something to happen, typically something undesirable
noun: circumstance, plural noun: circumstances
- 1. a fact or condition connected with or relevant to an event or action:
we wanted to marry but circumstances didn't permit
- 2. an event or fact that causes or helps to cause something to happen, typically something undesirable:
he was found dead but there were no suspicious circumstances
they were thrown together by circumstance
- 3. one's state of financial or material welfare:
the artists are living in reduced circumstances
1. circumstance 用法如 under such a complex circumstance(在如此複雜的情況下)、according to...quot;情況" body in good condition就是體況好的意思，當然，用法某方面也很像circumstance，可是你不會說一個人的身體in good circumstance situation蠻常用的，比較生活化...
circumstance 【翻譯】：情況，環境；情勢 【解釋】：常用複數形，與某事件或某人有關的情況、環境等。 【例子】： Under no circumstances will I believe you. 無論什麼情形之下，我都不會相信你...
Circumstances sometimes justify a lie 有的時候，當時的情勢使得說謊有了正當的理由