- relating to ordinary citizens and their concerns, as distinct from military or ecclesiastical matters；(of conflict) occurring between citizens of the same country
- 1. relating to ordinary citizens and their concerns, as distinct from military or ecclesiastical matters civil aviation 同義詞 secular, non-religious, lay, rarelaic, laical, ... 更多反義詞 religious, military
- ▪ (of conflict) occurring between citizens of the same country civil strife 同義詞 internal, domestic, interior, home, national, ... 更多反義詞 foreign, international
- ▪ relating to private relations between members of a community; non-criminal a civil action a civil court
- ▪ relating to civil law.
- 2. courteous and polite they were comparatively civil to their daughter they try to work out their differences in a civil manner 同義詞 polite, courteous, well mannered, well bred, gentlemanly, ... 更多反義詞 rude, discourteous
- 3. (of time) fixed by custom or law rather than being natural or astronomical civil twilight