- the free-swinging metal piece inside a bell that is made to strike the bell to produce the sound.
noun: clapper, plural noun: clappers
- a large greyish rail (bird) of American coastal marshes, which has a distinctive clattering call.
- a simple bridge consisting of slabs of stone or planks laid across a series of rocks or piles ...
- a large grayish rail (bird) of American coastal marshes, which has a distinctive clattering call.
Oxford American Dictionary
- very fast or very hard
- the tongue or striker of a bell.