- the quality of being only a short distance away or apart in space or time；the state of being narrowly enclosed
noun: closeness, plural noun: closenesses
- 1. the quality of being only a short distance away or apart in space or time the geographical closeness of our two countries the translator's closeness to the original time period
- ▪ the state of being narrowly enclosed the claustrophobic closeness of the living quarters
- ▪ the quality of having only a small margin between winner and loser the closeness of the race the scoreline did not reflect the closeness of the contest
- 2. the quality of affection or intimacy in a relationship moments of closeness with friends and family members
- ▪ the quality or state of having a strong resemblance or connection apes are often selected due to their evolutionary closeness to humans
- 3. the quality of being done in an attentive and thorough way the closeness with which he watched current events
- the quality of being only a short distance away or apart in space or time: the geographical closeness of our two countries the translator's closeness to the original time period
Oxford American Dictionary
Closeness with Jesus, will bring us more and more into holiness. May we learn...
differentiation is measured by relative closeness 差別是以相對的差距(在這裡用作感情)來衡量的. 團隊間人與人的距離是以...
... up at or near the bottom of the economic scale come together and reach for closeness with one another. 結構分析: (和上面用顏色對應) 1. 先把其他所有修飾的部分全部...